You are here:
Back to recipe list
Never miss a recipe, click here for your daily e-mail recipe alert
Login to save
to My Cookery Book
Log in to add tags.
What are tags?
Tags are keywords assigned to a recipe,person or website thus describing them and can be used for classification. Foodari uses tags so visitors to the site can classify, and then find, information using their own words and descriptions.
Recipe recently saved by
Log in to add a comment.
There are no comments.
Gravce na Tavce
Back to recipe list
Energy level per serving:
Saturated fat level per serving:
Carbohydrates level per serving:
Gi level per serving:
Number of servings:
This recipe has been visited
500 gm(s) canned canned butter beans
1 kg(s) chopped onions
2 dry peppers or fresh peppers
1 tbsp(s) flour
1 bunch(es) fresh parsley
pepper, salt, paprika
20 ml(s) oil
3 garlic cloves
sprinkling(s) wild mint
3 bay leaves
Macedonian butter beans baked in the oven. Very delicious
02 January 2009
Click here to view premuda's Cookery Book
** You will need water from the butter beans
* Preheat over to 250c.
1. Chop 1 kilo of onions into small bits and fry in a pot on low heat
2. Add pepper, salt & 1-2 spoons of paprika and mix. Continue frying until golden brown.
3. In a clay dish add a layer of butter beans first (the first half)
4. Then add the layer of fried onions.
5. Sprinkle a bit more of paprika on top
6. Add a layer of chopper fresh or dried peppers.
7. Add final layer of butter beans
8. Sprinkle with parsley, wild mint.
9. Add the water in which the beans cooked or the water from the can. Alternatively add the water in which you rinsed the beans in.
Be careful not to put too much water as the recipe needs to dry a bit
10 Sprinkle with 1 spoon of flour on top
11. Add the three garlic cloves (don't crush them)
12. Spread around the bay leaves
13. Put into oven & (lower heat to 200c) and bake for roughly 1 hour.
14. BE CAREFUL water doesn't dry out completely. If beans are burning the cover with foil.
is a keyword describing a recipe. For example you might tag a chicken curry recipe as
or all of them! For single tag words separate with a space for multi words like “very hot” use quotation marks.
Share recipe with a friend
Add a subject and personal text, tick which friends you want to share this recipe with, then hit send.
Tick the boxes below to include each friend in the message:
Type in the e-mail address of who you would like to share this recipe with.
Then add a subject and any personal message and hit send
More recipes you might like...
Carrot & Pea stew
Excellent vegetarian meal that costs around £3.00 and is extremely tasty.
Pot roast Pheasant with chorizo
warming winter casserole
This always takes longer than I imagine it will, but is always good and never any left. Another recipe from a wee...
Spicy Parsnip Soup
Warming tasty soup. I hope you enjoy.
Terms and Conditions
Remember me next time.
Forgotten log-in details
Forgotten Log-in details
Please enter your e-mail address below and we will resend your